Spring is in the air!

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Well, it has been for a while now - and I'm not complaining about it! This week has been busy - Easter is always a fun time with family - and then on Monday we welcomed a box of baby chicks into our home :) What else can I say, they're adorable and soft...I could sit and watch them for hours I think. We have a few different kinds, so they are all different and they all keep busy pecking, poking, snoozing and repeating the routine.

Ahhh... routine, sometimes it seems like that's what I'm missing, and then at other times it seems that I get stuck too much in routine. Nature has its own routine and schedule - as do many parts of our lives. Babies crawl then walk (which we are also excited to be experiencing in our home as well!), children go to school and graduate, couples become engaged and then get married, families grow together and change, years pass and anniversaries become celebrations of a life built together, just to name a few.

And while a lot of times, life seems routine and common, I find myself wanting to hang on to and remember the simple, everyday moments. From the little things my kids say and do to silly things that happen throughout the day or how things develop during an entire season, like our garden or how our chicks grow to become a flock of full grown chickens that will soon be roaming around our yard (and probably into the neighbors from time to time). I take my camera everywhere, and sometimes I forget to take the time to take a picture - but when I remember, or when I take the time to get my family together I end up with some great shots and incredible memories. That is what I love - and what I love to do for others: help you preserve your special memories, share them with your family & friends and enjoy them for years to come!

many happy returns!
~kate

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Kate is a proud part-time stay at home Mommy to two busy little bees. She enjoys helping people capture beautiful memories that they will cherish for years to come!

In addition to offering on-location, natural-light photography services to Central Wisconsin, Kate enjoys custom design and lots of other creative design projects. She and her husband have an Etsy shop (logandlily.etsy.com) and enjoys blogging to share recent projects and sessions, sharing inspiration, insight, and even silly thoughts with whomever is patient enough to read and follow. thanks so much - many happy returns!